Wednesday, April 22, 2009

IF Hierarchy/SCBWI Poster Part 4

Update: I'm repurposing this post for the Illustration Friday topic Hierarchy. Thanks to Chuck Dillon for suggesting I submit this illustration; it's perfectly appropriate!

Original Post: Here's the finished poster for this weekend's NESCBWI conference poster competition. Overall, I'm happy with the results and I think it's a good representation of my style and sense of humor.

I'm looking forward to the weekend and the opportunity to mingle with other artists (& authors), learn something new, get inspired and maybe meet some folks (editors, art directors) that can give me some work!

18 comments:

Davis Freeberg said...

I like it, it reminds me of one of the Russian Matroska dolls. Each animal is about to meet it's untimely demise. I guess the owl ends up being the lucky one.

Laura Zarrin said...

Love it!! Truly. My son would say disturbing, but would intend it as a compliment.

Trev said...

nicely done!

Chuck Dillon said...

Beautiful, Robert! Great color!

I can't help but imagine the fly is singing, "Hello my baby, hello my darlin', hello my ragtime gal!"

Lab Cat said...

Lovely. It turned out very well.

John B. Watson said...

Great colors, composition, and poses, The fly and grasshopper are my favorites. It's no surprise that this poster won an award at the SCBWI conference. Congrats!

Chuck Dillon said...

If you haven;t done it already, this piece would be great for this week's Illustration Friday theme, Hierarchy.

Darcy Melton said...

This is delightful!

kim said...

Amazing work!

John said...

absolutely wonderful work love all the color!!! and your abilities!

joseph's art and stuff said...

this a great illustration! who ends up getting who?

Valerie Lorimer said...

Really wonderful, full of life illustration! Fantastic job.

Edith S White said...

I love love love this you are a brilliant illustrator!

froggie is... said...

hee, hee! i like that nobody looks hungry...yettt.

best of luck with the comp, robert! go get em! :))

Anonymous said...

So awesome. It will have to win.

Unknown said...

Hilarious! Love the idea that there is a brief moment of harmony when all of those wild and crazy SCBWI attendees assemble!!

Cheryl said...

awesome and entertaining!

MrBibleHead said...

This is fantastic! Your illustration is awesome and your characters...perfect. we had sort of the same idea...however mine is a little more domestic. hehehehe